Saturday, June 16, 2012

Great Last Day - OldGuy Walk finishing line at the lake

What a great day! I had the pleasure of spending it with my family and my 2 lovely partners on the road, my kids even walked along as we left the fine town of Mishicot. What a fantastic feeling to make it all the way thru - Brrrr that Lake MI water was frigid (felt good thou).  Also it was great to finally meet you Gail , you really kept us going with sharing of your interesting experiences- by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I am honored you were willing to share your special day with us- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Let's check out the final day's pictures shall we (thank you B for putting up with all these Kodak Moments!)

Beginning of the last Day at The YMCA 8AM
Quick Stop at Jungle Gym to say hi to Wendy.


B on the CE Trail headed out of town
Still smiling OldGuy-whats up with the sunblock on your nose dude?


You use less energy when you smile according to B
1st walk of the day- still smiling


B made a friend on the walk- Hi Bessie!
One of our first little climb of sloped roads!


Say hi  B-  wipe your nose already OldGuy
almost thru 2nd bike ride to K-Stop in Kellnersville


30 miles completed- time for lunch with the Family
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B way ahead of me rolling into lunch stop
Lets Eat!!


You did great Rich!
Say Hi Grandma Brab


My 2 little Troublemakers
Hugs all around!


Does my  Daughter think I'm going to squish her?
1 last ride left on these wheels



Yep I was way behind again going uphill - headed out of town

Hi Dad- hurry up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Mishicot WI - Time to finish with a nice short OGW style 9 1/2 mile stroll!

Welcome Gail to the final walk to the lake


Another photo opp-  at the lake

Yep B another picture- blah blah blah!

Girl Power!
Almost There!
Keep on walking- keep on walking
only another 2 miles- Hi Honey -say cheese!
nice nature walk portion



I promise - Just around the bend ladies!

See - told you!


Let's roll!!
only another mile to the shore of Lake MI

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All good things must come to an end-  LAKE MICHIGAN!!

OOP's I must have fell in!
This is cold water - close enough for us!



Let's build a sand Castle!


WE MADE IT - OMG - OldGuy Put on a shirt!!!

5 days - over 260 miles
Now It's Party time Saturday at the Lazy Dog!


Release of Ballons in memory of my Mom Joyce

http://youtu.be/9ccKjGdCkFI




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to join you yesterday, Rick. It was wonderful meeting your family and a priviledge to see you to the end. But it isn't really an end, is it, but a new beginning. Congratulations for finishing and best of wishes for the years to come!

    ReplyDelete